Friday, August 31, 2007

Yardwork, knittage, and stuff.

Dude, I just realized that I blogged about port-a-potties on my birthday. How apropos.

So! I have been a slacker, due to many things, not the least of which is the yard stuffs. We went from this:












to this:

within two weeks. HRB says he feels like we're cheating... we're used to doing all this ourselves! Fortunately we have a space for a vegetable garden that he can get all crazy-diy on building planters and such. He's actually quite good at this kind of stuff - at our old place he made this rad little planter (oh my gosh, did I just type RAD?!) that was a set of offset squares... it was really cool. I'm kind of excited to see what he comes up with...

I have, actually, been knitting. HRB has been out of town for the last week or so in San Diego giving some sort of nerd lecture, and this week he's out on the east coast making sure his space ship will fly or something like that. In technical terms, he's doing pre-flight calibration and testing of the instrument, but whatever. Back to knitting.SOCKS! My Thuja's are done and HRB liked them so much he requested his own. So I went and picked up a couple orphan skeins of superwash for him and away I go!















Next on the list is the startation of Christmas knittage. My next post will have the gift names of what I'm knitting for who, so if you're family and you're reading this, you are forboten to read any further posts!

Hmm. I think I need a dictionary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was your birthday?! Happy happy belated birthday! Fantastic job with the yard and the thujas! I love the pattern - so quick and easy!