Hopefully you will all forgive me for my long absence, I have been rampantly trying to set a new software industry record by putting out four new releases in three months. Ergo I've done nothing lately but work.
Well, that's not entirely true. I finished my indigo ripples skirt.
But YOU will have to wait until next post for pictures. I need to either gain weight or shrink the skirt first. And get my husband well enough to take pictures (he's currently lying on the couch watching soccer and moaning - why are men such babies when they are sick?!).
In the interim, the lovely Yarniad has tagged my with a seven random facts meme! So!
Seven Random Facts:
1. Caffeine makes me go bonkers. I can have limited amounts, but after that I run around in circles and twitch.
2. I used to have a black thumb. Then I discovered that if you water plants on a regular basis they don't die. I also discovered that the plants in the room where I sing the most (the music room) are doing much better than the plants in the rest of the house. My husband says that it's because I'm full of hot air.
3. Once I tried to go vegetarian. I got sick. I was sick until we added red meat back into my diet. I wasn't anemic - I even lived with a nutritionist at the time - but to no avail. I am definitely a carnivore.
4. "The Tao of Pooh" is the book that brought me back to the Catholic church. Don't laugh.
5. I am a closet sci-fi fan. At the moment I'm hopelessly hooked on the Serenity/Firefly series by Joss Whedon.
6. I love to read. I also read very fast. When I was a kid, I was always the first to finish the book lists in the summer - I must've had to replace my library card once a year simply from being worn out. I'm still an avid library-goer, but I don't allow myself to go into old bookstores any more... partly due to allergies, but also in part because I'd never come out.
7. Puzzles fascinate me - I love figuring out how things work and how all the pieces fit together. I've been known to take apart expensive pieces of equipment, just to see how the guts worked. In my defense though, I put it back together.
I'm fairly certain most people have been tagged, but just in case you haven't...
1) Fuzzy Love
3) The Brown Berry Chronicles
4) Team Knit
6) Knit Along the Way