Monday, January 15, 2007

chilly q-tips

Alas, no knitting to post.

Why? Because I am sick. Again, you say? Yes, again. Thanks to yet another handy rotavirus, I've not eaten in four days. FOUR DAYS, y'all. Nothing but water and chicken broth. That is one pissed off stomach. Today I managed saltines (ah, saltines, breakfast of champions) with my broth and I am feeling infinitely better. Food is HIGHLY underrated. Food makes you happy. Food keeps you warm too. Really! Especially with temps in the single digits and below lately - I've been reduced to lurking over heater vents with my blanky to keep me warm.

And you know what else?

I look like a q-tip. Really. I lost weight with my first round of flu, and then I got a cold and now I have this flu and lost even more weight. And of course, when you're sick what do you do with your hair? NUH-THING. Ergo, my curly hair sticks up all over the place, and... voila. Q-tip.

My new years resolutions have all been replaced by a single, beautiful resolution:

Get well so that I can knit again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon!