Sunday, July 8, 2007

Stockinette lace

Who knew? Did *you* know that Orangina was such a quick knit? Is it a craft secret?

This fabulous piece of lace only took me a couple hours to knit up. At this rate, I might have to knit myself 5 or 6 more! So easy! I've found, however, that I can't watch anything engaging on TV whilst knitting this. I get too involved and I've had to frog a few rows due to a rather interesting National Geographic show. :D What can I say, I'm a sucker for boring tv.

Speaking of TV, I woke up Saturday morning feeling rather ill - so in the interest of keeping myself on the couch and resting, I decided to do something TOTALLY boring. I popped Pride and Prejudice (both disks) in the dvd player and started the prairie tunic. Not as quick a knit as the orangina, but still coming along. The picture doesn't do the color justice, it's BEAUTIFUL. A vibrant, hallelujah, kick my heels up and rejoice at the beautiful sky type of blue. The kind of blue that my grandmother used to look at and say "look, the ceruleans have come out to play!". She was a bit bonkers, that one. But so sweet. And one HELL of an artist. So this color will remind me of her when I wear it, and I can watch anything I want on tv because it's ALL STOCKINETTE STITCH.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Orangina is so pretty! Can't wait to see this one on you!

Bonkery grandmas are the best!

a friend to knit with said...

WOW....2 hours........I love it, can't wait to see it finished!

Yes, that is a beautiful shade of blue........nice to have a mindless knit too!